C. GREENE STUDIO DESIGN ASSISTANT
Location: New York, NY / On site
Reports to: Creative Director / Owner
Deadline: Open until filled
Ideal Start Date: November 2022
Commitment: 3 days a week
Compensation: $30 an hour to start (24 hr min/week)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Classical illustrator/painter needed to work directly with creative director to assist in the research, development and hand execution of print designs. Applicants should have advanced painting and illustration skills and be capable working in a variety of styles. This individual should be well-organized, resourceful, detail- oriented and professional with an optimistic outlook.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Currently enrolled or graduate with BFA/BA in fine art/surface design or similar.
- Outstanding creative portfolio showcasing a variety of stylistic techniques in painting and illustration.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Software.
- Sophisticated understanding of color, composition and texture.
- Must be resourceful in researching fabricators in the US and abroad.
- Excellent digital and physical image research skills.
- Ability to create physical and digital mood boards.
- Willingness to engage in technical and aesthetic problem-solving.
- Comfortable and confident in sharing ideas and solutions in a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Must own laptop.
- Knowledge of art history a plus.
- Experience with surface design a plus.
Send portfolio link and/or work samples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org